EuSpRIG (www.eusprig.org) is the premier spreadsheet risk management conference that brings you the most up-to-date research, experience, tools and technologies available in industry today.
Directors, Managers, Professionals and Academics in all disciplines will benefit from the world’s only independent, authoritative & comprehensive conference on the current state of the art in spreadsheet risk management. This well established international event is the forum for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, experiences and concerns in this critical aspect of end-user computing. EuSpRIG features an enviable range of peer-reviewed papers and presentations. There are plenty of opportunities to network with colleagues facing the same challenges and to meet practitioners and academics researching this rich subject area.
EuSpRIG invites submissions from both researchers and experienced Excel professionals on all aspects of the management, development and use of spreadsheets including (but not limited to):
- success stories regarding the development, testing and quality assurance of key & critical spreadsheet assets
- spreadsheet risk management in the SME and professional services environment
- accounting for spreadsheet risk
- corporate governance, best practice, risk management & regulatory compliance;
- human & psychological factors including change management, assumptions, abstraction, interpretation, denial, overconfidence, culture, behaviour, attitudes, fraud & human resource management;
- improving the productivity of workflow impeded by inefficient methods;
- continuing education, skills training and certification;
- agile approaches to the management of spreadsheet assets;
- audit, management, version, configuration & control tools;
- enhancement, migration & replacement strategies;
- re-integration of scattered spreadsheet data;
- the dynamics of large systems of spreadsheets: discovery, dependencies, usage monitoring, version lineage, process mining;
- ongoing maintenance and user support for continued safe use;
- understanding, documenting & remediating existing spreadsheets;
- reverse engineering of spreadsheet logic, data flow, links, and patterns of use;
- process management including the management of spreadsheet control projects;
- effective methods and tools for validation and testing;
- technologies to support process improvement;
- case studies of usage, enhancement, migration & replacement strategies;
- organisational experiences with enterprise policies, risk & responsibility and best practices;
- extension technologies: PowerPivot, VBA, ADO, Excel Services, BI and Web-enabling
We are seeking the following types of submission:
- Full academic papers, technical, practitioner and management summaries (up to 5000 words)
- Presentations (up to 30 minutes)
We invite original papers and presentations from new and established authors within the academic and practitioner communities that present material related to the conference themes. The conference proceedings will be published by EuSpRIG and full papers uploaded to http://arxiv.org/find/all/1/all:+eusprig/0/1/0/all/0/1 in due course.
Full papers will be double-blind refereed by established referees co-ordinated through the programme committee chair. Presentations will be reviewed by the EuSpRIG committee.
Submissions to EuSpRIG 2015 may not have (already) been published in a journal or conference proceedings, nor presented at another conference. Moreover, they may not be currently under consideration for publication or presentation elsewhere. Only papers and presentations that are accepted and presented in person will be published.
Students please note: EuSpRIG in association with ISACA (Northern England Chapter) has arranged for the creation of an annual prize to be awarded for the best EuSpRIG conference paper submitted by an undergraduate or masters postgraduate student.
To submit a paper, please read the author guidelines and Patrick O’Beirne’s insightful article
How to write a successful EuSpRIG paper
Please have your paper proof read by friends and colleagues and then email a Microsoft Word / RTF compatible paper, complying with the EuSpRIG guidelines as above to Dr Simon Thorne: sthorne @ cardiffmet.ac.uk. Most of the full papers previously accepted and presented at EuSpRIG are available on the EuSpRIG website http://www.eusprig.org/conference-abstracts.htm which potential authors are invited to consult for guidance and references.
- Submission deadline for papers and presentations: 30th March 2015
- Acceptance notice: 30th April 2015
- Final camera-ready copy: 30th May 2015
Click here for Author Guidelines
Click [here] for “How to write a successful EuSpRIG paper”
Click here for Details of the David Chadwick Student Prize
If you would like to sponsor or co-sponsor the conference, please contact EuSpRIG chair
Patrick O'Beirne at